Safety, integrity, quality and people are the values that have made RAE Engineering the dynamic, growing company it is today. Our practice is focused on compliance and asset integrity in the areas of engineering and consulting services, inspection services, asset integrity management, laboratory services, failure investigations and training.
RAE Engineering offers an attractive compensation package that includes competitive salary, excellent group health benefits, and a commitment to learning and development.
We believe in treating our employees with respect and recognizing their skills and abilities by creating a challenging and satisfying work environment. We empower them with training and development and an expanded scope and breadth of work experiences.
If you are looking for a contract or hourly position, read on!
RAE Engineering is hiring a Senior Technician for the Equipment Certification Division.
The Senior Technician position includes work in sales, arranging inspections, and completing pre-inspection, inspection, and post-inspection requirements and follow ups, all with minimal supervision.
Work performed by the Senior Technician will be carried out from client job sites and will include occasional out-of-town work. When not performing inspections, responsibilities will include equipment maintenance and upkeep, on-going training for required certifications and advancement, and assisting other divisions of RAE, as required.
Overview and Responsibilities
- Conduct visual and a non-destructive examination (NDE) and report as per appropriate RAE Engineering checklists and safety requirements
- Conduct quality tests to detect discontinuities (defects) using visual, ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and other NDE methods
- Assist junior technicians learning proper NDE techniques and acceptance criteria
- Ambitious and self-driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Post-secondary technical education is an asset
- CGSB Certification preferred (UT Level 1 or 2, MP/LP Level 2)
- 2+ years’ of relevant experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform sales and inspections (including setting up jobs, pre-job tasks, post-job tasks, and follow-ups with the customers)
- Knowledge of applicable industrial codes and standards
- Ability to produce detailed reports in order to communicate the status of assigned projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients in order to ensure they receive quality service
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to make sound decisions and take responsibility for actions and recommendations
- Required to travel
- Some long hours/overtime/weekends required
- Some requirement to work outdoors
- Some work at heights or in confined spaces
e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All RAE Engineering office locations.
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Red Deer, Alberta