RAE Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Materials Engineer who is dynamic, motivated and passionate about their career. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to work with a highly skilled and experienced team on various asset integrity projects. Projects involving failures, condition and life assessment, risk based inspection and materials testing in the oil and gas industry as well as in the power generation industry.
- Conduct metallographic in-situ replications and evaluate replicas in order to give real time feedback w.r.t creep and remaining life assessments on high temperature plant components.
- Directing, witnessing and recording the welding and testing of Procedure Qualification Records (PQR), and writing Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Assist customers to generate meaningful but time- and cost effective scopes of work during condition and life assessment turn arounds
- Conduct materials testing in the laboratory, both individually and as part of a team. This will include failure investigations, mechanical destructive testing, sample cutting and preparation
- Conduct on-site inspections and give customer feedback and support w.r.t. degradation mechanisms and risk to asset integrity
- Conduct root causes analysis.
- Provide engineering support to customers relating to materials and welding,
- Provide engineering support to internal mechanical-, inspection- and Quality assurance departments
- Mentor engineers and lab technicians
- Manage multiple projects whilst still meeting deadlines
- Promote and facilitate business development to a growing client base
- Develop proposals and complete technical reporting
- Be able and willing to travel
Experience & Expertise:
- Materials or welding Engineering degree or equivalent
- Masters or Honors degree in material science is preferred
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with APEGA
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a welding engineer with IIW or CWB
- More than 20 years materials engineering or related experience in both oil & gas as well as power generation industries.
- Must have a valid National Board certification.
- Experienced in condition and remaining life assessment of high pressure high temperature boiler- and high energy piping components.
- Able to lift in-situ metallographic replicas on all ferrous materials and evaluate the replicas for abnormalities and creep using internationally recognized standards, i.e. VGB and Neubauer standards.
- Working knowledge of corrosion and damage mechanisms associated with oil and gas and power generation industries.
- Good knowledge of ASME codes and standards, AWS standards, API codes, NACE standards.
- Experience with material destructive testing, i.e. Creep testing, tensile testing, impact testing
- Highly motivated, a self-starter who can work well independently or with a team;
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- A willingness and passion to build long standing client relationships
- Valid driving licence.
- Senior level
- Consulting Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Pulp and Paper
- Full-time salaried position
- Company benefits
- Edmonton, Province of Alberta, Canada
How to Apply
- E-mail email@example.com