RAE Engineering offers an attractive compensation package that includes competitive salary, excellent group health benefits, and a commitment to learning and development.
We believe in treating our employees with respect and recognizing their skills and abilities by creating a challenging and satisfying work environment. We empower them with training and development and an expanded scope and breadth of work experiences.
If you are looking for a contract or hourly position, read on!
RAE Engineering is looking for NDE Technicians. You will examine engineering structures, materials or components, using one or more testing methods that do not result in destruction of the object being tested. Your duties may range from the carrying out of tests as per relevant RAE Engineering policies and procedures to the exploratory evaluation of a complex component.
- Ensure non-destructive examination (NDE) is performed and reported as per appropriate RAE Engineering procedures and safety requirements
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using ultrasonic, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and other NDE methods
- Assist trainee technicians learning NDE proper techniques and acceptance criteria
- Post-secondary technical education
- CGSB Certification required (UT Level 1 or 2, MP/LP Level 2)
- 1+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform inspections, including setting up corrosion surveys, and interpreting results of found indications for all certified methods
- Knowledge of applicable industrial codes and standards
- Ability to produce intricate and accurate isometric drawings of vessels and piping
- Ability to produce succinct reports to communicate status of assigned projects in a timely manner
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to make sound decisions and take responsibility for actions and recommendations
- Required to travel
- Some long hours/overtime/weekends required
- Some requirement to work outdoors
- Some work at heights or in confined spaces
e-mail resume to: email@example.com
Grande Prairie, Alberta